Name - Mike Smith

I enjoy computer(ing)(s), my guitars, my motorcycle, gaming in general, all kinds of music, sci-fi, reading, and just generally being lazy.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Faucets - check.

Well, I finished the last faucet replacement last night. I stopped on the way home and bought some plumber's putty, and I went ahead and removed the two drains in the master bath and replaced the silicone with it. Although after thinking about it all day yesterday, I had determined that the seal around the top of the drain wasn't the problem. Water gets to the outside no matter what because the drain has holes around the top to catch water from the sink overflow drain. I got home and turned the water on to check, and as I suspected, I had just not tightened the nut on the bottom enough to create a good seal with the rubber grommet. I had just hand tightened it since it was plastic pipe and had the hand tighten gussets on it. I got a wrench and tightened it down a bit more until it quit leaking, and all is good.

Also, last week the shower head in the master bath came apart. It was some cheap-o plastic deal. I went and got the one out of the guest bath to use until I bought a replacement. Well, it was coming apart and isn't any count either, so I used some of our Amazon gift cards (thanks, Chase) and bought two new shower heads, one for each bathroom. They'll be delivered today. Woohoo!

No comments: