Name - Mike Smith

I enjoy computer(ing)(s), my guitars, my motorcycle, gaming in general, all kinds of music, sci-fi, reading, and just generally being lazy.

Monday, April 21, 2008

Katina does NOT live here!

I have caller ID. I use it. If you call my house, and you have caller ID blocked, I AIN'T pickin' up! So, a few weeks ago, I decided to start answering these calls when I am home, and to start calling numbers back that actually show up on the caller ID. We've been getting 5 to 6 hang-ups during the day, and then 2 to 3 calls in the evening, as well as calls on Saturday, and even calls at 9am on SUNDAY!? Well, when I started answering, I found out that some debt collectors are looking for Katina. And apparently, she gave them my number. Now, the very first call I answered, I tell the nice lady that she has the wrong number, Katina doesn't live here. She asks me for a local number that she can be reached. I'm like, "Ummm, what makes you think I f'in know Katina?" Anyway, she promises to remove my number. That was 3 weeks ago. Now they are leaving messages on the answering machine because the computer thinks someone has answered. So I check messages in the afternoon and I get 5 messages that are 5 seconds of silence followed by, "Hello, Katina? Hello? Hello?" at which point I scream into the empty room, "KATINA DON'T F'IN LIVE HERE!" So, I keep answering, and they keep promising to take my name off of the list.

On another note, I decided to do a little home improvement this weekend. We bought 3 new bathroom faucets to replace the crappy contractor's grade ones that were initially installed. I knew the faucet part would be pretty simple, but these also came with new pop-up drains, and I needed to replace those also since we changed from chrome to brushed nickel. Although I'm pretty handy, plumbing is not one of my strong points. I got through both sinks in the master bath last night and we let them sit overnight before using. I got up this morning and tested them out, and sure enough, BOTH drains are leaking somewhere. I have a feeling that it is around the drain itself, because the plumber's putty I had was no good anymore, and all I had was some old silicone caulking to use. I'm going to stop today and get the right stuff and change it out tonight. I thought that if the silicone got a good seal, that it would be no problem, but apparently it didn't seal well. I should have started on the one in the guest bath, because brushing your teeth over the tub stinks.

No comments: