Name - Mike Smith

I enjoy computer(ing)(s), my guitars, my motorcycle, gaming in general, all kinds of music, sci-fi, reading, and just generally being lazy.

Monday, June 9, 2008

Wrap up.

Since I've been negligent in updating, I'll do a round up and try to squeeze in what I can remember since the last post.

First thing, I want to congratulate Sal's wife Morgan on her amazing success at a lifestyle change!!! I've tried to make a change before, and it is the hardest thing to stick to. She's lost over 140 lbs! I've never met Sal and Morgan in person, but I hope to one day *cough* Meet n Greet 09! *cough* :)

Last Thursday night, my neighbor and I rode our bikes out to "Bike Night" in downtown Tuscaloosa. After perusing the cool bikes on display, including some custom painted bikes, some Big Dog choppers, many Harley's (one with a cool neon light setup), we went into one of the bars there to grab a beer and shoot some pool. There was a band playing called Handshake Promise. They were playing covers from '80-'90's rock and metal bands (and a couple by The Who), and they were excellent! The singer could wail, and the guitar player didn't miss a note, and they played some tough songs. It was a good night for riding, cool and breezy.

Since that neighbor is moving at the end of June, and my other neighbor that was buying a bike has already moved, I'm pretty pumped that my neighbor across the strret bought a bike. He bought a Suzuki Intuder 800. It's a sharp bike. I'm kind of partial to the way they look for some reason. He has already put it back up for sale, however because he wants to upgrade to an 1100 or 1300cc. We took a ride last night down to Bryant-Denny stadium. It was a good night for riding again. It's just about too hot to ride during the day already...

Mom and Dad have a computer and high-speed internet! Now I can get some MP in while visiting them... ;-) They wanted a new computer since they've received their "stimulus" check, so I ordered them a new Dell and had it shipped to me. I stripped it of some fluff and installed some free apps for them. I took it to them this weekend and set it up and installed their DSL modem. I think they are pretty happy with it. I know my niece loved it as she didn't want to quit playing with it all weekend.

I bought a key fob remote for the Nissan. It was $93, plus programming fee from a dealer. I bought it off of eBay for $9.95 including shipping and looked up the programming directions on the web. That worked out so well, I'm buying Mom a replacement for her Infinity because hers is broken.

I've mailed off the title and registration and Bill of Sale for the Mustang. Only thing left is for the buyer to arrange pick-up. I'm not as sad as I thought, but I have moments where I know I'll miss it. I just hope it goes to someone that will fix it up and take better care of it than I did.

4 comments:

Morgan said...

Gunsl1nger....thank you sooooo much for the kind words about my weight loss. I love the visual of the Yosemite Sam dance!

Sal Cartusciello said...

When we return to the east coast, I promise to make a Meet 'n Greet, and I'll drag Morgan along.

Spark said...

You damn well better...I still owe you dinner ;)

Anyways - Slinger, where'd you order the key fob from? I need to replace one for the Ranger...

Spark said...

Never mind - you said Ebay...duh.