Name - Mike Smith

I enjoy computer(ing)(s), my guitars, my motorcycle, gaming in general, all kinds of music, sci-fi, reading, and just generally being lazy.

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Atlanta = PWNED!

Just a few more hours until I head off to Atlanta for the 4th annual GGSE Meet n’ Greet! 2007 Meet at HotelIf you’re reading this blog, then chances are that you are one of the ones attending, or you at least know what I’m talking about. But for those that don’t know, this is when many of my online friends in the Geezer Gamers SouthEast clan get together to actually meet face to face, hang out for the weekend, and of course, play xbox.

The first two years, we rented a conference room at the respective hotels where we stayed. The second year was kind of crowded and we had a bit of a problem finding power on enough circuits to plug in all of the 360s and TVs without tripping breakers, so last year one of the Atlanta residents did some leg work for us and rented a huge room at Andretti’s for Saturday. 2007 Room at Andretti's That was a huge success. Plenty of power for all of our stuff, plenty of food and drink on premises, and the extra fun of racing go carts during LAN party breaks.



Also, Oosik reserved a Whirleyball court for us on Friday night, and we had an open bar and pizza and wings to eat. 2007 Whirleyball!It was a blast. Bumper cars married to basketball. This year, we are playing Whirleyball again on Friday night, but we are opting out of the open bar/food because the food just wasn’t that great and it isn’t that good of a deal for the non-drinkers in the group.

The Saturday LAN party this year will be held at the Computer Arena. Again, Oosik did a great job with the leg work in finding us a place to get together. This place is already setup with 360s (although most of us will be bringing our own) and computers, and we are supposed to have internet access, something we haven’t had at the LAN party before. They also have a stage already setup for Rock Band, which should kick ass!
I still couldn’t talk Glenda into coming with me this year. I guess the pictures of everyone having fun at Whirleyball and Andretti’s didn’t interest her.
I’m hoping to get a few people that aren’t flying out or driving too far together for the Braves vs the Reds on Sunday afternoon. Nothing like a stadium dog and a beer for 20 bux!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys be safe. Wish I was going to be there this year...maybe next year, or another smaller one later in the year.

Sal Cartusciello said...

I will make it to one of these when we get back to the east coast. Promise. And, I'll drag Furgus with me. ;-)

Th3Guns1ing3r said...

Good! Drag him by the hair of his head... Oh wait. Drag him by the shirt collar!

:-P