Name - Mike Smith

I enjoy computer(ing)(s), my guitars, my motorcycle, gaming in general, all kinds of music, sci-fi, reading, and just generally being lazy.

Friday, February 15, 2008

RE: The Bike

In regards to the bike, I decided on getting the Vulcan Classic. The classic cruiser look and the extra cubes appeal to me more. I'm using some club member points (the only good thing about traveling a lot for work is that we get to keep all airline, rental car and hotel club points) to stay at a Holiday Inn close to the seller's house tonight. I'm going to leave work a bit early, go by U-Haul and pick up the trailer ($14.95 per 24 hours, not a bad deal at all) and drive over this afternoon/tonight. I'll get up and drive the last 60 miles to his place in the morning and get the bike, assuming nothing is wrong with it when I get there, which I don't expect.

LOST was pretty good last night. I'm amazed at how they can pump out yet another 1 hour show, introducing a few new mysteries (Sayid an assassin working for Ben?), and not answering any previous questions. Who are the rescuers? They haven't even made it back to the boat yet. The show was over and I looked at the clock thinking they only made it 30 minutes. It flew by!

General Chang asked me if I wanted to go to the NASCAR races at Bristol this year. They have extra suite tickets available on the web. They are kinda pricey at $2000/person, even if it is for 6 races. I've been to Bristol, and it is hella fun! I'd love to go to the night race sometime. I had awesome seats to the daytime race several years ago, but had to give them up when I was going through a rough financial mess. I think I'm going to pass on these. I'm spending 7 G's on a bike after all, and I think $2000 per year, even for a suite, is more than I want to swing.

I guess that is all for now. I may post again tonight if I get bored at the hotel. Assuming I get there at a decent hour. Maybe I can get in one of the topical posts I've been wanting to get to. I'm kinda slacking off at work right now posting this, but hey, I've put in the hours already this week.

1 comment:

Sal Cartusciello said...

I have been in the pits at Lowe's (Busch race), but if I was going to another race it would be a Bristol night race.

Be careful traveling with the bike.