Name - Mike Smith

I enjoy computer(ing)(s), my guitars, my motorcycle, gaming in general, all kinds of music, sci-fi, reading, and just generally being lazy.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Torn

Well, my neighbor called to let me know that someone he works with is selling a bike. I don't know yet if he'll be able to get a hold of the guy to bring it (he works close to my house) tomorrow afternoon. I'm planning on leaving Friday to go get the other bike. The only thing is, the local bike is a 1300cc. I kinda had my mind set on a 1500 or bigger. But, the 1300 probably has as much power as the Vulcan 1600 because it'll be lighter. And it's 1100 bux cheaper and 6 hours closer. I think it'll really come down to physical size of the bike and how I feel on it. Don't want to look like the King in Big Bumpin' like Sparkstalker suggested. LOL. Both have a lot of extras. I don't know if the other bike ('04 Honda VTX 1300) has highway bars or if the saddlebags are as nice.

Here is a comparison with what I know right now about both bikes.

'04 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic - White (pics in post below)
  • 5900 miles
  • 1600cc
  • Windshield
  • Light bar
  • Highway bars
  • Driver and passenger footboards
  • 3 nice studded saddlebags
  • Studded leather belt buckle guard
  • Sissy bar
  • Vance & Hines pipes
'04 Honda VTX - Black
  • 800 miles
  • 1300cc
  • Windshield
  • Saddlebags (don't know the type)
  • Sissy bar
  • Lots of chrome (?) That's all my neighbor knew.

2 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

I like the Vulcan, but I think you will need to get on the Honda, and also see if it has the extras (floor boards, etc.).

BTW, nice helmet. I have a full face Shoei X-11.

Th3Guns1ing3r said...

Yeah, after thinking about it last night, I decided to go ahead with the Vulcan. I like the mean look of the VTX, but in the end, the classic cruiser look and extra cubes of the Vulcan won out. It's what I'll be happiest with in the long run. Unless I get over there and there is just something goofy wrong with it that the guy didn't tell me about, I'll be bringing the Vulcan home Saturday afternoon.