Name - Mike Smith

I enjoy computer(ing)(s), my guitars, my motorcycle, gaming in general, all kinds of music, sci-fi, reading, and just generally being lazy.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Stir it up

Well, I got home Saturday afternoon with the bike. The pictures don't do it justice. The paint has a bit of metallic to it that is apparent as the sun hits it. It's awesome! My neighbors were outside when I got home, so I backed it off the trailer and just scooted it over there. I didn't realize that both my neighbor on the right and the one across the street had both been itching for one and that at least one already has the ok to buy because his wife really wants one too. So now I've stirred both of them up. :) Which is good so we'll have no shortage of people to ride with.

Man this bike is big! It's twice the size of any I've ridden before. One thing that caught me off guard was the initial insecurity I felt with such a heavy bike. Riding a smaller one, I never was worried about leaning it over too far because I never felt that I wouldn't be able to right it again. The first corner I came too, I was kinda intimidated and afraid to lean too far thinking its weight would carry it on over. It just took a bit of getting used to.

I used to live in the neighborhood that is right across the road from the one we are in now. When Glenda and I got married, we sold both homes and bought another. We moved back out this way when I changed jobs so that I wouldn't have a 1 and a half hour commute. So today we rode the back over there to visit one of my former neighbors. We got to his place just in time to see Ryan Newman win the Daytona 500. We had been to the grocery store, and I'd forgotten all about watching the race!

We've been riding Annie, the Poodle-American around on the bike, too. I think she needs one of these. :)

1 comment:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Glad the bike was better than you expected.

The weight is the one issue that always pops in my head whenever I sit on a bigger bike.

Two wheels down, brother.